Login Register

Warning over phone charge fire dangers

By Uttoxeter Post and Times  |  Posted: July 29, 2014

Comments (0)

FIREFIGHTERS are warning Uttoxeter residents about the risks of using chargers which are incompatible with their mobile phones following a serious house fire in a nearby town which claimed the lives of a family's pets.

The three residents of the property in Turner Avenue, Newcastle-under-Lyme, escaped unhurt - but their cat, two chipmunks and a ferret died in the fire, which left the house badly damaged.

Anyone who wants a free safety check should call 0800 0241 999, text 07528 983101 or visit www.staffordshirefire.gov.uk/bookyourhfrc.asp.

Read more from Uttoxeter Advertiser

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters